Image Image Image Image Image
Scroll to Top

To Top

Proceedings before the European Court of Human Rights (ECHR)

When the decision of the highest Dutch court (usually the Supreme Court) has become final, it is sometimes still possible to complain about the Dutch proceedings or conviction to the European Court of Human Rights. The complaint must be filed within four months of the conviction by the highest Dutch court. It can only be complained about violation of the rights mentioned in the European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR) and its Protocols. Moreover, it is required that this complaint has also been brought to the attention of the court in the Dutch proceedings.


Our office has a respectable track record in this area. See, for example, violations by the Dutch State of the right to be present and the right to free choice of lawyer, violation of the presumption of innocence and the right to question witnesses.


Choose your specialist:

  • Michael Berndsen
  • Call Now Button